Stars of tomorrow are certainly emerging at CANNES and MISTY UPHAM is one who is on song to steal our hearts with a series of upcoming roles. Most significant of all, she will be at CANNES walking down the red carpet with leading man Benicio Del Toro for the premiere of “Jimmy P”. Buzz is swirling around for this film that deals with loss from a Native American perspective and surely eyes are on MISTY who in the press photos can be seen in scenes with Benicio. Apparently MISTY’s character JANE has a romantic liaison with Benicio’s Jimmy P which will be talked about by many. In fact, she has been a scene stealer before in the critically acclaimed hit “Frozen River” alongside Melissa Leo and it would be fitting if she garnered the plaudits this time around. Having been nominated for best supporting actress at the Independent Spirit Awards for embodying Lila Littlewolf in “Frozen River”.
As Lila the widowed Mohawak mum looking to reclaim her son from the mother-in-law while smuggling immigrants, MISTY was a revelation and showcased how great she is at delivering on conflicting emotions. She was able to sustain the attention of audiences who must have been fascinated with the multi-layered role MISTY so successfully made believable. Slated to star with the legendary Meryl Streep in “August: Osage County,” a dark comedy based on a play, things are looking very rosy indeed. It’s a key role for MISTY as Johnna Monevata, a Cheyenne woman hired as a live-in housekeeper by the Weston family whom has demanding matriarch Violet Weston of course played by Meryl Streep. So start admiring this most graceful Native American talent certain to make waves the world over!
HOLLIS WITHERSPOON is certainly an upcoming talent to be excited about, more so since she stars in “One Last Time” which screens at the Short Film Corner at Cannes Film Festival 2013. What we can envision that it’s not just the high profile flicks getting all the attention as there’s an ever growing pool of short films deserving of recognition. By virtue of this so shall the actresses in them be looked upon as noteworthy talents. With her attractively, large eyes which I’ve come to know as being called neotenous features (a characteristic of youth), HOLLIS projects a lasting and young appeal onscreen. Although her role in “One Last Time” rides on a nonchalant flirtiness, she’s spot on with the mannerisms. This is achieved in part to the formulation of her character by constantly observing the traits of people around her. She rates Parkey Posey highly who is incidentally one of my idols.
She also once said in an interview that the biggest allure of acting for her is in the challenge. It’s never easy getting under the skin of an intended character for any actress and yet HOLLIS has gamely delivered as authentic a work as she has so often done. She’s also been active on the theatre scene with acclaim as a member of the Old Kent Road Theatre. She does have an innate fearlessness allowing her to explore different psyches. Watch for her to shine even more in the coming months!
We do love the sweethearts of the independent scene and NATALIE has a refreshing geniality that beguiles. Her role as the daring skeptic Andi of a ghost hunting team on “Episode 50″ is memorable for being genuine and tense. Plenty of jump scares and eerie atmospheric moments which some have liken to being just as scary as those from “Grave Encounters”. With the cast being made up of several guys, it’s always great to see a female figure we are compelled to take a liking to and hope survives the ghostly experiences. Natalie is thoroughly fetching to the eye so it’s a given for viewers to watch her unscathed until the last frame…:)
Remember to check out her photo gallery at the “NATALIE WETTA OFFICIAL SITE” for a look at how wonderfully enchanting she really is. NATALIE just landed a co-star role on the new MTV show “Blogger Girls” which is a hilarious sketch comedy show directed by Michael Showalter scheduled to air in 2013. That would be quite the platform to launch NATALIE into a starlet with a rising popularity. Having also just finished being the lead in the film, “Second Chances” by IFP writer Justin Ferrarato, she could very well be sought after on a range of mediums.
Ahh…..UK Ladies. We can’t get enough of them…their lovely accents, sophistication and so much more. Right now they certainly are conquering the realm of television! But who’s the fairest of them all in this Beauty Game Of Thrones?
1. EMILIA CLARKE As Daenerys Targaryen
- She’s turning heads with her “Flying Eyebrows” fashion statement in every episode.
- Could she be playing the only other pure character as Daenerys on “Game Of Thrones” besides Sansa Stark?
- She recently went nude on stage for “Breakfast At Tiffany’s in an iconic role!
2. SOPHIE TURNER As Sansa Stark
- At the tender age of 17, she’s already reached acclaim in only her first role…wow!
- It’s great to see so many fighting over one central female character and Sophie nails the magnetic appeal of Sansa Stark so dazzlingly.
- Her semi-posh accent is mesmeric as can be seen in the interview (above).
3. ROSE LESLIE As Ygritte
- She puts the WILD in her wildling character, seducing Jon Stark while being stark naked!
- Her other claim to fame was from her days as the ambitious Gwen Dawson on the Brit Hit “Downton Abbey”
- A rapidly rising starlet, expect her to have a leading lady role soon or her own TV show!
4. LENA HEADEY As Cersei Lannister
- She makes being bad look so good that we can’t stop fantasizing (no incest intended..LOL!)
- Some may consider her a Hot MILF who knows how to push our buttons.
- Having 5 tattoos, it just means we want to see more of them especially the one on her back that leads all the way to her saucy derrière.
5. NATALIE DORMER As Margaery Tyrell
- Some call her the Fashionista on “Game Of Thrones” with her cleavage-friendly costumes!
- She has that mischievous allure most men can’t get enough of…;)
- Transitioned from The Tudors To “Game Of Thrones with consummate ease and her looks are so right for sword and sandal epics.
LILAN BOWDEN is undeniably cute with the Capital “C” and has that lovably, infectious appeal warranting praise from everyone who’s in contact with her. There’s an endearing quirkiness about her and it’s so enamoring, I’m in awe of her pixie daintiness. While she’s done her fair share of improv, LILAN is steadily blossoming on the independent arena. Because of the number of zombie flicks that LILAN has starred in, I think it’s time she should be cast on “The Walking Dead”. Besides the SyFy feature “Zombie Apocalypse” which she starred with Taryn Manning, she also dazzled in “Nazis at the Center of the Earth” and “Rise Of The Zombies”. In “Zombie Apocalypse”, she played Myrah, an archer with a penchant for shooting zombies which I’m betting was tons of fun to embody.
Many are also commenting she’s due for a big role soon and LILAN will be so very memorable when it happens! It’s incredible to see just how much sweetness is etched on her gorgeous face, a selling point of hers among the many talents she already has. LILAN does remind us a great deal of Rachel Bilson, the similarly sexy grin tellingly exhibited by LILAN is captivatingly precious. We dudes don’t know how lucky we are when we are able to celebrate the comely ingénue that is Miss LILAN BOWDEN…:)
Inexhaustible praise can be conferred on actress MURISA HARBA for she’s drop dead gorgeous from head to toe. Seeing how a blonde namely Gwyneth Paltrow has been lauded as the most beautiful woman by People Magazine, it’s a given to feature MURISA who herself is just so heavenly. Check out her latest REEL where she absolutely enchants from the first till the last frame. The Jamie Kennedy comedy “Lost and Found In Armenia” was the film where she had her eye-catching moments as her reel will confirm. Her Eastern European roots makes her gloriously classy and she comes off as naturally approachable too. As her appearance in the Kyle Puccia music video “Broken People” (above), MURISA can touch the hearts of viewers in other ways too. Heart-wrenchingly magnetic in the video, I’m sure many will agree she has an endearing and divine appeal.
A peek at the MURISA HARBA OFFICIAL SITE will reveal MURISA is also an accomplished dancer. Give her a latin beat and she’ll heat up the dancefloor in no time! She does have the va-va-voom figure which accentuates the foxy facets she’s endowed. The most exciting news of course, we’ll be able to watch MURISA in the short film “Adonis” screening at Cannes 2013. Looks like May will be MURISA Obsession Month and we can’t wait!
When we say we are hypnotized by our lovelies onscreen, MEREDITH THOMAS would be admired as being one to take note of. I have to say “Flying Eyebrows” are going to be the next big thing since Emilia Clarke (who plays Daenerys Targaryen on “Game Of Thrones”) has consistently made a fashion statement with them. Likewise, MEREDITH has some seductive ones herself and she could just as easily be our obsession for MEREDITH is a sweetheart through and through. Her smile alone can send pulses racing, readily infectious and a clear glimmer of vivaciousness most will find to be attractive. Most recently she starred as a psychologist named Bonnie in “Camp”, being the listening ear to the kids at Summer Camp. She was also in “Shark Week” with acting veteran Yancy Butler and while she’s also known as a comedian, MEREDITH is a dazzler no matter the genre.
Check out the MEREDITH THOMAS OFFICIAL WEBSITE and it’s obvious from her photos, MEREDITH is incredibly photogenic! There is a shot of her in the guise of a Sexy Librarian (i urge you to find it) and her playfulness on the pic shimmers lusciously. It’s no wonder she can be seen in a wave of commercials such as those for Audi, Kia and Taco Bell. It’s time to acknowledge MEREDITH as a bewitching face to be coveted.
Today April 27th is my birthday so why not celebrate this momentous occasion by featuring some of the most enchanting women to grace the DVD & Film Worlds. Who knows I might just be watching one of their films on DVD at the Birthday Party!
1.Rae Latt in “Blood Type: Unknown”
- Thanks to the enchanting Miss Rae, I’ve got a look at her intriguingly poised upcoming feature “Blood Type:Unknown” which has an interesting mystique surrounding the plot.
- The film is screening at the Newport Beach Film Festival 2013 and she plays Jean Landale, a mom who has to send her only daughter off to college!
- Known for her roles on TV in “Criminal Minds” and “The Office”, she’s currently amassing an impressive body of work on the indie scene.
2. Megan Duffy in “Maniac”
- Her memorable performance in “Maniac” as Lucie, one of the early victims of Psychopath Frank (Elijah Wood) is delightfully saucy.
- So is her photoshoot for iheartgirls.com (above) in her sexy kitty-like costume that fits her fun personality to a tee.
- She exudes a charismatic foxiness that certifies her as a bonafide screen vixen.
3. Sarah Deakins in “The Mark”
- Sarah was one of the first actresses from Canada I got to know when i first started out the blog and you can see why so many will be obsess with her.
- Exceptional beautiful on film, television and print, she’s also built a adoring fan-base thanks to her stints on popular sci-fi TV shows such as Stargate.
- Her ability to reach people and get them involve in the story is amazing so catch her at her beguiling best in action thriller “The Mark” which has been released on DVD.