Most might be wondering what the “F” stands for and I can say with certainty that in the 60s, the “F” can represent quite a variety of things. For instance, Femmes who were Famous and Fashionable in the Swinging Sixties! It can also mean the Fun these Foxy women were having on and off the silver screen. So as a tribute to the icons of the 60s who left an indelible impression on countless, here are some of the shoots by my actress friends with the 60s theme in mind. Thank you to OMY for dreaming up such an ideal theme for the Singapore Blog Awards and the collection of pics here say it all…OMY indeed!
Ursula Andress was one of the most iconic Bond girls of all time. As Honey Ryder in “Dr. No”, she captivated so many when rising out of the ocean in a shockingly revealing white bikini. Actress Johanna Goldsmith channels Ursula’s sauciness with her own interpretation.
Girls do have plenty of FUN in the sun, surf and sandy beaches!
|Natalie Wood||Emily Spalding|
Actress Emily Spalding makes us reminisce of Natalie Wood whose childlike sweetness who was beautiful yet had the immense talent to emote onscreen. She was one of the most sought after actresses of her time and what was FUN about her was her innocence even when looking mature beyond her years with cigarette in hand (see above).
Brigitte Bardot set a fashion statement with her big, bright eyes accentuated by the signature sweep of eyeliner and her XXL hairband. A wide, XXL hairband worn across the hair line is just so stylish. Actress Rosa Nichols has managed to create the Bardot hairband look and being curvaceous, Rosa is as delectable as Brigitte in her heyday. FUN is certainly in the bouncy and bright colors of the clothes she is wearing.
|Eva Marie Saint||Susanne Wuest|
Alfred Hitcock has this to say of the “North by Northwest” hottie Eva Marie Saint….Just kick up your heels and have FUN. With that statement the sweet heroine and a glamorous charmer was born in Eva Marie. Actress Susanne Wuest is almost identical in her allure from her seductive pale skin to the very pretty blonde locks. From first hand account, I can tell you Susanne is one of the most affable actresses on this planet!
|Catherine Deneuve||Jessica Sonneborn|
Catherine Deneuve’s icy aloofness produces a different take on enticement in a lot of her films. The FUN is trying to read her intentions and similarly indie actress Jessica Sonneborn has the mystique that Catherine Deneuve projected all those years ago to captivate audiences. The use of mod colors in her pic which are bright and pop out are just so lively!
Best known for her portrayal of ingenues, Sandra Dee has the distinct playfulness that capture the imagination of viewers. It’s definitely FUN to be flirtatious and while many figured Sandra was wholesome, she has that cheeky demeanor that shines. Just like Sandra, actress Sali Sayler is a model with quite the vivacious sprightliness that has always been addictive.
Girls and Fast Cars are a match made in heaven and seeing Diana Rigg atop the Lotus Elan 26R is a measure of how delectable she is. Similarly, Actress Christina Desiere looks ravishing in a sports car proving why there is such a gravitational pull when it comes to the hottest women at the wheel who have all the FUN…:)
|Diana Rigg||Christina Desiere|
In the sexual revolution in 1960s America, bikinis became popular fast and it sparked a buying spree. One can see how it hugs the svelte body of Diana Rigg and with actress Christina Desiere, she exudes her own delightful sex appeal.
Last but certainly not least, Jane Birkin is widely regarded as the original ’60s wild child with skinny limbs, long brown hair and her penchant for hippie clothes. Bell-bottoms, colourful headbands, and bare feet were part of the unisex hippie movement which at that time was the most carefree and FUN era. Actress Hillary Baack (recently seen with Ellen Page in “The East”) follows in Jane Birkin’s footsteps and enchants with both her lissome grace as well as her natural, hippie chick fashion sensibilities.
Funny and quirky has always been a charming combo, traits with which ZOE FARMINGDALE has successfully entertained in an array of mediums. Notably will be her appearance at the LA Shorts Fest 2012 in “This is Caroline“, a story of how a bizarrely risible incident can force in this case, the lead Caroline to acknowledge real feelings of loneliness. ZOE takes on the role of 16-year-old Gabby, who can relate to Caroline on a number of levels. According to her, it was a wonderful experience taking part in the film as she got to perform lots of comedy. and it came from a different but very real part inside her to be able to play an intelligent young person tackling her own struggles. Add her exposure on a myriad of music videos, recently shooting for new artist Arcane Converter which will be the 4th she’s done in the past year and you have a compelling talent who will receive ardency from everyone.
So without further ado, I’ll let ZOE unveil more about her imminent projects.
In her words:
1. I have been doing a lot of shooting this summer for programing that will be coming to you on your XBox. I’ll be playing parodies of some of your favorite pop culture figures alongside comedian J.B. Smoove (Curb Your Enthusiasm).
2. I have worked for The Onion a couple of times, including in “Nation’s Girlfriends Reveal Economic Plan”, which was featured on The View.
3. I have a lot of live performance, especially comedy! I perform twice every week at the PIT, one of the premiere improv theatres in NYC– Wednesdays with my improv team Family Haircut, Thursdays with my musical improv team THEM. I also write and play music in my own comedy variety show, The Zoeshow, which is growing in popularity! (you can find some clips online if you google The Zoeshow Zoe Farmingdale)
4. I am co-writing a musical called “Preschool!”. We performed the 15-minute version this summer at the West Village Musical Theatre Festival and swept the awards in our category, winning Best Score, Best Lyrics, Best Book, Best Song (The Peanut Butter Song– which my character sang!), and Best Show. In addition, I won BEST ACTRESS of the entire festival for playing 4 year-old peanut butter-obsessed Marty based on audience and industry votes! We can’t wait to develop the show more and hope to produce it in 2013! I also performed in a production of Legally Blonde last month with Harrison Summer Theatre/ The White Plains Performing Arts Center.
5. I will also be performing in an upcoming modern dance piece with choreographer Kimberly Gair. I have also performed across the country with keila cordova dances.
If any or all of the above arouses interest, make sure to drop by the ZOE FARMINGDALE OFFICIAL SITE as well as the ZOE FARMINGDALE OFFICIAL BLOG. ZOE is all about dreaming up lively characters, even fusing a succession of dance styles into her brand of comedy. She could just be the newest sweetheart in what could be a prosperous year ahead.