As Tribeca Fever takes over the planet this week, it’s time to give kudos to the enchanting femmes of the screen such as the lovely Wanda Nobles Colon. With her flair for both dramatic and comedic roles, Wanda is about to be part of something intriguing. With the Tribeca World Premiere of her feature “Five Star: The Movie” on April 17th already sold out, interest is going to be on a high! Part of the illustrious group of 12 films in the world narrative competition, this is a riveting look at gang culture as 2 souls connect and find out the true meaning of manhood. Wanda plays the mom of John, a young man who is under the tutelage by notorious gang member Primo. There’s a blurring of the lines between reality and fiction as Primo is actually part of the crew on the Streets of Brooklyn known as the Bloods! While there’s no trailer yet, the realism adds a hard-hitting edge to the what will be a memorable film.
Known as a dedicated actress, Wanda lit up theater productions such as “The Ritz” and ‘The Rose Tattoo”. Likewise she’s been appealing in films such as “The Color Of Anger” and “The Last Intervention”, threading wonderfully in a host of genres. With her sunny disposition, it’s easy to see why she has the comedic chops. The luscious Wanda does make me want to pack up my bags and fly down to Tribeca to participate in the revelry while watching her onscreen in “Five Star: The Movie”. While there will be a glitterati of starlets such as Scarlett johansson and Mila gracing this year’s Tribeca Film Fest, it’s always a delight to be part of the admiration movement for upcoming gems like Wanda.
1. Suziey Block in “If We Were Adults”
- It seems like everything that Suziey touches turns to gold and her buzzworthy performance in “If We Were Adults” has endeared herself to audiences.
- Kudos to Suziey for winning Best Actress at the THE LOS ANGELES COMEDY FESTIVAL as the spirited Izzy who gets married in a drunken stupor and finds it’s not a bed of roses.
- 2014 is the year she dazzles on the horror scene with thrilling features namely “The Pact II”, “House Of Darkness” and “American Mummy”. Scream Queen Cometh!
2. Elisabetta Fantone in “Coffee Date”
- A temptress from head to toe, Elisabetta is easily one of Canada’s Sex Symbols and she compliments her sheer sexiness with a myriad of artistic talents.
- She’s already sizzled in several episodes of “The Glades”, been thoroughly eye-catching as a Cuban dancer in “Havana 57″ and is appearing in the romantic short “Coffee Date”.
- There is a consensus that Elisabetta continually re-invents herself and we’re waiting to see what other welcome surprises she has for us in the coming months.
3. Marion Kerr in “Far”
- One of the most magical actresses whom we are lucky to able to appreciate, Marion has consistently been bewitching on and behind the camera.
- She recently won Outstanding Series in a Comedy & Outstanding Ensemble in a Comedy for the web series “Misdirected” which stars Lauren Mora at this year’s LA Web Fest.
- She will tug at your hearts in the short film “Far” as the enchanting Hannah who is equally sweet as she is an enigma waiting to unfold.
4. Alex Lombard in “Sophie”
- She writes,directs and stars in the psychological thriller “Sophie” that’s about taking risks when it comes to love.
- It takes an actress with beguiling essence to play a mysterious love interest and with those piercing green eyes, Alex is without a doubt an enchantress.
- With her multiple talents and several high profile roles to come, she’s being touted as being the next big thing which is richly deserved.