1. Sarah Hagan & Kat Primeau in “Orenthal: The Musical”
- In the wacky indie comedy “Orenthal: The Musical”, Sarah plays Dietrich, the savant composer joining Eugene Olivier, a semi-successful New York theater artist inspired to create the next great American musical.
- One of the most uniquely eye-catching indie darlings thanks to wonderful turns in “Jess+Moss” and “Freaks And Geeks”, Sarah continues to fascinate us so memorably in roles that are fun, quirky and demands your attention.
- Kat play Elaine, a conservative arts administrator who try to oust Eugene Olivier after discovering the reason he stages a theater play.
- In comedic roles, Kat has been called everything from enjoyably eccentric and perkily delightful, catching the eye throughout.
2. Halldóra Geirharðsdóttir in “Metalhead”
- She is at her emotionally engaging best in Icelandic drama “Metalhead” as the mother of a girl who is dealing with the death of her brother and adolescence, thus causing much tension.
- While I became a fan thanks to her turn in the cult hit “Reykjavik Whale Watching Massacre”, many will love how she puts in her distinct touch to the characters she’s played over the years.
- Her ability to be relatable and connect with audiences around the world should have her recognized as one of Iceland’s treasures…:)