1. Amanda Fuller, Chloë Crampton & Alberta Mayne in “The Brittany Murphy Story”
- It takes an idol to play an idol and Amanda Fuller who is coveted as an indie/television starlet plays Brittany Murphy, one of the shining talents who just like Marilyn Monroe died young. While the biopic has raised controversy, Amanda should be lauded for her multi-layered, emotionally tinged interpretation of a Bright Star gone too soon.
– Catch the lovable British actress Chloë Crampton as Morgan, the best friend of Brittany whom she brought on set of the comedy smash “Clueless” which also starred Alicia Silverstone.
– Look out for Canadian actress Alberta Mayne in a supporting role and whom we have come to know from her work on TV as genuinely eye-catching.
2. Lucy Owen in “Kelly & Cal”
- Arrestingly beautiful, Lucy Owen is set to captivate in a big way thanks to her amusing and entertaining performance in “Kelly and Cal”.
– She plays Julie the judgmental sister-in-law of new mother Kelly (Juliette Lewis) and the two are at loggerheads throughout this not so typical romantic comedy.
– This will go a long way in affirming her status as a breakout indie star as will her memorable turn as a single mother caught in a love triangle opposite Josh Lucas in SXSW fav “The Mend”.
3. Ginifer King in “Haunted Hathaways”
- I was often wondering why Ginifer was consistently ranking as a popular actress on this blog and then I discovered she’s the star of Nickelodean hit “Haunted Hathways”.
– She plays Michelle Hathaway, the kind single mother of 2 cute daughters who move into a new home and unexpectedly encounter ghosts with a sense of humor. Cue the laughter!
– Ginifer is also well known for her powerful vocals and Big Band Cabaret routines that’s often brimming with sensuality making her a born entertainer.