Without a doubt, Michelle Thrush has been one of the most compelling women on Canadian television and one of the shining lights of the industry. The riveting series “Blackstone” made her a household name and she continues to mesmerize audiences as the recovering alcoholic Gail Stoney who struggles with the tribulations that life can so often deal. One can almost feel the pain she has to go through in each episode, as she tries to overcome her troubles. As we identify with her, Michelle who is a Cree Native has herself faced typecasting and prejudices which has been a blight on the history of entertainment. It’s great to know she’s at the forefront of a movement that is seeing a bevy of Native American actresses winning the attention of the world with their authentic and emotionally moving performances. Michelle will be heading to the Canada Screen Awards 2014 which is held in Toronto and is considered to be Golden Globes/Oscars of Canada. I’m blessed to be able to write about Michelle, an award-winning actress and a star in her own right who has the affable personality viewers will adore. Keep your eyes peeled for her this Sunday March 9th if you’re watching as she hits the red carpet in what will be a most elegant dress. She belongs to the select group of Canada’s favorite TV sirens garnering the nomination for Best Performance by an Actress in a Continuing Leading Dramatic Role. She won the this category two years ago and in her very words this time around included in a group of powerhouse women that includes Orphan Black’s Tatiana Maslany and Hélène Joy from “Murdoch Mysteries”.
She’s also won a Leo award (the equivalent of an Emmy Award) for playing Deanna Martin on the hugely popular show “Artic Air”. Deanna is all about making the public aware of political affairs that has a bearing on their livelihood and social well being which makes for enthralling drama. Watch Michelle in the behind the scenes video (above) of her shoot for Season 3 in the province of Manitoba alongside fellow actor Adam Beach who is of course Bobby Martin. Early this year, Michelle was at Cannes promoting the film “Jimmy P” which also starred Benicio Del Toro. She plays Gayle Picard, the sister of his character Jimmy who are both very close and cares for him religiously after he suffers a head injury during World War II. This was a dream role for her having always wanted to act alongside Benicio and she did prove to be a fascinating vision in “Jimmy P”. For now, the stargazing will be on Michelle and she should be already be acknowledged as a screen enchantress.
1. Jena Sims in “Last Vegas”
- Undoutably a screen goddess, Jena is a stirrer of senses and from the saucy pic (above) you can tell she’s raising the temperatures up high! WOW!
- She plays Abby the love interest who is courted by Todd (Jerry Ferrara of “Entourage” fame) with advice from aging lothario Archie (Morgan Freeman) in comedy “Last Vegas”.
- Alongside Morgan Freeman, Robert De Niro, Michael Douglas and Kevin Kline in the geriatric “Hangover” show, she’s touted as a future star with several high-profile roles in the near future.
2. Kandis Erickson in “Farah Goes Bang”
- She’s a heady mix of gorgeousness and indie appeal which she uses to great effect in “Farah Goes Bang”, a tale of burgeoning sexuality amidst political campaigning.
- It’s a tour de force performance for Kandis proving her worth as an enchanting talent in the skin of the fiercely loyal KJ who accompanies her friends on a road trip.
- Something you should not miss is her upcoming appearance on “Masters Of Sex” and she certainly has the beauty to portray women who are central to the story of sexual revolution.
3. Moniqua Plante in “Screwed”
- It’s no surprise that in a sex comedy such as “Screwed”, there’s an overwhelmingly hot ensemble of women destined to be coveted.
- Moniqua who appears in “Screwed” does set some high standards when it comes to her impeccable sensuality.
- From “Pillow Talk” to “Femme Fatales”, she should be regarded as a Sex Symbol thanks to her hot factor which we can’t stop ogling.
Honorable Mentions to These Amazing Talents
|Misty Upham has already sizzled the red carpet at CANNES and now she mesmerizes in “August: Osage County”.||Jessica Cameron shows the world she’s on her way to be a much loved indie queen in “Truth Or Dare”.|
|Amanda Bauer is the fair-skinned cutie who never fails to be eye-catching and she does it once more in “Forev”.||Singer actress Katherine Pawlak is both a musical maven and a vision of beauty who will delight in “Diamond On Vinyl”.|