Undeniably beautiful with an effusive exotic appeal, PARISA FAKHRI warrants an outpouring of fondness no matter where we spot her. Many will be able to display their affection since she’s actually at SXSW promoting her film “Good Night” which is yet another interesting take on mortality. This tells the shifting of emotions at a birthday party after a revelation of a possible demise from the birthday girl herself. While Parisa has been active on TV, appearing in popular shows such as “Suburgatory”, “Make It Or Break It” and “Castle”, she’s just as admirable on the indie scene as well as on the web. That’s 3 platforms where viewers can appreciate the wonders of the vivacious PARISA. Add to that, she has been the voice behind Bra/Bulla in Dragon Ball Z and Dragon Ball GT.
Of Iranian descent, Dallas native PARISA has a luminosity about her, what with her olive skin being so fetching. Onscreen, she can be subtle and she can also be engagingly forthright which bodes well for her future ahead in the industry. Count ourselves lucky to see the fantastic women such as PARISA being unveiled to adoring eyes at film festivals around the world and I can only hope this would happen in Asia soon. Meanwhile let’s appreciate what she has given us via the roles she has essayed so pleasingly…:)
With such a lusciously sweet face, RUBY WENDELL is definitely one of the cutest actresses we’ll be earnestly looking out for at SXSW 2013. Her supporting role in the grim feature “Snap” which has Nikki Reed as its leading lady does look intriguing what with the dubstep DJ scene being the setting of this tale. Check out her reel (above) for the scene where her character Nadine invites Wendy (played by Nikki) for a girl’s night out. Expect Ruby and Nikki to be thereabouts in Austin, Texas for the premiere. Known for being a comic thanks to her appearance in NBC comedy reality show “Last Comic Standing” and a host of indie films, she shifts gears to be part of the dark obsession that’s swirling in “Snap”. Once again, just like many of the talents at this year’s edition of SXSW, RUBY has the flexibility to handle varying context while remaining an enduring sweetheart.
Nice to see the RUBY WENDELL OFFICIAL SITE has a stalk me section and RUBY’s enchanting desirability can surely lead to feelings of avidity for her. Whether she’s a blonde or brunette, RUBY is a picture of effervescent cuteness and since I’m known for having a penchant for blondes, I must say she has similarly delicate features to say British starlet Rosamund Pike. She likens herself to be the girl next door with some attitude which we do find fascinating and indeed establish her as someone to be enthused over.
It’s awesome to highlight actresses doing the film festival rounds and the charismatic BUFFY CHARLET is in line for recognition from fans. Due to the fast-paced fluidity of SXSW 2013, I couldn’t get insider news from BUFFY in time for this article but having connected with her is already amazing in itself. After all, she’s appearing in the riveting thriller “Holy Ghost People” as Liz, the woman who becomes the enigma of the story as the world of Snake-Handlers of Southern Appalachia and those from the outside converge. Having vanished mysteriously, her sister Charlotte decides to infiltrate the religious commune only to discover a darkness she would never see coming. BUFFY re-unites once more with Joe Egender, her co-star from indie comedy “Lurking in Suburbia” and moves into a different territory as opposed to her comedic parts in the past. At this year’s SXSW, we’ve seen Jane Levy of “Suburgatory” fame who moved effortlessly into horror with the R-rated “Evil Dead” and the genre bending continues with the talented BUFFY.
“The Buffies” is her successful web series with fellow actress Caroline “Buffy” Rich who has sizzled up this blog before. Their “Cum-N-Go” skit on the wonders of having sperm readily available without the need for men is hilarious so check the video out (above). BUFFY is endearingly good when it comes to the funnier side of life and with her venturing into contrasting roles, this could be the time for her big break.
- What better than having the stunning French temptress Josephine De La Baume to play a conflicted vamp in “Kiss Of The Damned”, a throwback to 70′s Euro Horror.
- Has a fair share of sex scenes with her co-star Milo Ventimiglia and together with Roxanne Mesquida make for quite the delectable sisters seeking blood.
- Those in the know are calling her a fashion muse and why not when she’s a match made in heaven for any label.
- Singer, model and screen vixen, Josephine is a sizzler no matter the medium.
- Lindsay is expected to be at the SXSW premiere of “A Teacher” and that is a meet-and-great session not to be missed.
- Early promo material of “A Teacher” showed only Lindsay’s back yet she still proved compelling and exuded such captivation!
- Her handling of complex, female-driven characters ensures she’s captivating until the final fade to black.
- Already an indie darling, it won’t be too long before she’s talked up as having been an influential figure in the arena of film.
3. Amanda Fuller & Elissa Dowling in “Cheap Thrills”
- Amanda Fuller is still a coveted indie queen who is also known as a TV Star thanks to her leading roles in “Grey’s Anatomy” and “Last Man Standing”
- Elissa Dowling is a ravishing Scream Queen making inroads into a variety of genres.
- Amanda plays Audrey in “Cheap Thrills”, the wife of new father Craig whose life is in turmoil after an encounter with rich types who offer him fast money at a heavy price.
- Expect Elissa to be eye-catching in “Cheap Thrills” as the blue-eyed beauty has so often done onscreen as well as print.
- Does it matter the trailer for “Scenic Route” doesn’t reveal her character? Christie is bound to be enticing on many levels!
- Her memorable femme-fatale performance in “Dirty Little Trick” affirm she’s a breakout star in the making.
- With her adorable features, Christie would be equally convincing in a sweetheart role.
- Check her out with the equally enchanting Amanda Righetti in the TV Movie “Shadow Of Fear”.
- Stars alongside Ellen Page and Brit Marling in the hard-hitting thriller “The East” about an anarchist movement.
- Got to love her old-world glamor harking back to the days of the golden era of Hollywood.
- She’s been called a revelation on the LA theatre scene.
- Yet again we have an exquisite newcomer in Ava who is has all the potential to achieve success.
- She’s just been spotted at the SXSW premiere of “Sake-Bomb” looking as radiant as ever!
- Portrayed Becca, the ringleader of the Asians on Season 2 of MTV’s hit series “Awkward” with bitchy aplomb!
- This Taiwanese-American actress is flying the flag for Asians in what is becoming an very increasing interest in talents with an Asian heritage.
- Diversity is what Jessika represents and her versatility is at the centre of her onscreen appeal.
JOSEPHINE DECKER has an understated charm that will strike a chord with any film buff. Having chatted with her on Facebook, her soft, personable facets came to the fore making my day as she would many of her fans. She may have suggested to start this feature in May but since JOSEPHINE is on the radar at SXSW 2013 this week, I’m jumping the gun to spotlight her. This willowy cutie is appearing in the highly anticipated “Loves Her Gun”, a darkly romantic drama of a young woman’s transformation from victim to fighter via her use of weapons. The whole cast has been called fascinatingly organic and there lies the everlasting appeal of indie talents such as JOSEPHINE. She strives for the untypical and the JOSEPHINE DECKER OFFICIAL SITE lists her catalogue of exceptional work in all forms of entertainment.
She of course first caught the eye as the girl on Craigslist in Sundance favorite “Uncle Kent”, a drama where relationships are either helped or hindered by tech. JOSEPHINE was a director at that time and together with leading lady Jennifer Prediger had minimal acting experience. Both have seen their career blossomed after venturing into the film world so kudos to their versatility. JOSEPHINE has even delved into horror as an amateur ghost hunter in “Saturday Morning Massacre, along the way surprising many a viewer with a daringly long sex scene. “Autoerotic” is yet another gem where she gets into a little lesbian romp with a pregnant woman no less. Her bold choices will ensure JOSEPHINE gets a fair bit of attention in what will be a riveting journey on the big screen.
SXSW 2013 Fever is happening this week and KENDRA WALDMAN is the enchanting brunette everyone will have eyes for at the vibrant festival. She is heading down to Austin Texas for the premiere of her feature “Reality Show” this weekend which means more than ample time to become acquainted with the mesmerizing sweetness of KENDRA. She plays Jenna, a demanding network TV decision maker who is insistent that the pitches that go through her and her team are riveting enough. Getting on the nerves of the leading man Mickey Wagner (Adam Rifkin, writer and director of “Reality Show”) by being a constant irritant is all in a day’s work and KENDRA is in her element as the bossy, very driven Jenna. The trailer (above) shows glimpses of the lovely KENDRA as Jenna being rather pushy and I can’t wait to see fireworks ignite especially since her character is quite the bitch. Reminiscent of “The Truman Show”, where the privacy in your backyard is compromised for the sake of high ratings, “Reality Show” is a must-see for its sartorial take on the pervasive mindlessness of reality shows.
KENDRA will also be seen in the upcoming “Gutshot Straight” which stars George Eads from “CSI” and Annalyn McCord of “90210″ fame. Clearly from her photos, KENDRA does have a warm smile that gives her a fascinating edge and from head to toe, she’s glowing…:) We’ll be hearing more about this cutie in the days ahead.
Watch this space as KENDRA has promised to dish on some fun facts about the SXSW Narrative entry “Reality Show”. Can’t Wait!
Laura Ortiz & Corri English in “Holliston”
2 of the comeliest ladies in a riotous comedy will no doubt shake things up! In “Holliston”, Laura Ortiz and Corri English play girlfriends of two down and out aspiring filmmakers. Get ready for a huge dose of laughter, an alien who lives in a closet and some 80′s glam metal!
Nicole LaLiberte in “Girls Against Boys”
Get ready for this generation’s Thelma & Louise as Nicole LaLiberte and Danielle Panabaker go on a killing spree in psychological thriller “Girls Against Boys”. Watch out boys, Nicole stars as the spicy redhead LU who has loads of sass to tempt and eventually tear you apart!
Lauren Lakis in “Lovely Molly”
SXSW always has its fair share of disturbing horror flicks and “Lovely Molly” is no exception. Lauren Lakis appears in this frightening piece which has hallmarks of The Blair Witch Project. Tense and filled with supernatural shocks, this could be another sleeper hit for 2012.
SHANLEY CASWELL is the very fetching Star of groundbreaking “Detention” which transcends being just a smart teen horror film and stands on its own two feet as a genre-bending master class. If it created a huge buzz at SXSW this year as well as constantly receiving rave reviews on the internet, the intelligent slasher is expected to shine at the SIFF Film Festival 2011 as will it’s endearing female lead SHANLEY. I’m enraptured with her kindness for doing this interview at such short notice, a reflection of her appealing accessibility that’s truly charming. Already being praised as a female version of John Cusack and spoken highly of as the stirring centerpiece of “Detention”, admiration for her is rapidly growing.
In the throes of the psychedelic pace, pop culture references and riveting sci-fi cum slasher elements of “Detention”, SHANLEY is a standout as RILEY, the human touch amid the chaos. She captures the trepidation of youth, the foreboding of terror and the thrilling face offs with the movie’s villain impeccably. Even at 18, SHANLEY has shown she is adept at delivering a solidly authentic performance which could prove to be her launchpad as a Teen Idol.
Have a good read as SHANLEY lets us in on what’s it like being the female lead of a fascinating horror film, her grueling yet fun moments during the making of “Detention” and why she has the hots for Simon Baker after working with him on “The Mentalist”.
SHANLEY CASWELL TAKES A STAB AT THE QUESTIONS
1. Hi Shanley.You’re possibly the Final Girl in “Detention”. What’s it like being the leading lady of the slasher and playing a character that’s an outsider going through teen angst?
A: At first signing on to do Detention was exhilarating. The script was so interesting and like nothing I had ever heard about that I had to do it. Riley is a character that is a lot like any normal teenage girl: pop culture oriented, embarrassed, tormented, self centered, and opinionated.
I’ve been through all of these things growing up, like most teenagers, so it was easy to relate to her “my life is ruined” mentality. Now on the note of being the leading lady; that scared the crap out of me. Especially with working with Dane Cook, Josh Hutcherson, and Joseph Kahn all people whom I highly admire.
2. Inevitable comparisons are going to be drawn between “Detention” and the “Scream” Franchise. Can you tell us how different is your heroine Riley as opposed to Neve Campbell’s Sidney Prescott?
A: Detention has a different feel than Scream. It’s more fun and relatable to people my age in my generation. Scream was the old generations meta comedy-horror, Detention will appeal to teenagers now-a-days. That goes for Riley’s character too.
3. There’s a scene in “Detention”, reminiscent of “The Breakfast Club” (the film that made a tremendous impact) albeit more in line with the reality of youth today. As a teenager yourself, what do you think are the movie/movies that define your generation?
A: “Superbad”, “The Hangover” and “The Social Network” are three that come to my mind. “Superbad” and “The Hangover” are ones that we see everywhere today with quotes and clothing. “The Social Network” is one that will never be forgotten because of the event that it’s about. Facebook and social networking have defined our generation.
4. You do a lot of running trying your utmost to escape from the serial killer. How physically demanding were those scenes and what were your favorite moments from the film?
A: I actually trained before we started filming for the stunt work and the dance scenes. I had to fall a lot so I was taught how to fall properly without getting hurt. The hanging scene was the hardest because I was in a harness for about 6 to 8 hours and hanging for about 4 to 5.
I had bruises from the straps and had motion sickness by wrap time. My favorite scene to film was probably the skateboarding scene. They set up this cool contraption where the skateboard was connected to the camera so we could actually skate and and do the scene. Those were fun.
5. Just read that your first major role was on Hallmark in “Mending Fences” as a gothic teen with a sarcastic side, a complete opposite to your bubbly disposition. Why do you think actresses much prefer essaying the darker roles?
A: I think there’s a lot more complexity to playing darker roles. I’ve definitely played my fair share of bubbly roles though. I would do it more often but unfortunately some people don’t think that I have a very “bubbly” face all the time. And I……I’m also very sarcastic which turns some people off.
6. There’s plenty of haters out there unlike me of course who shows the love for actresses on a daily basis…:):) How do you deal with the critics even at your tender age?
A: I’ve been very lucky so far to not have any critics. If I did I’m pretty good at taking things in thinking about them logically, then forgetting about them later.
7.From “Bones” and “The Mentalist to “The Middle”, you’ve been gracing quite a number of TV Shows. Who has been your favorite actor and why?
A: To work with? Simon Baker form The Mentalist. He is so cool and suave. He’s got a way of making everyone smile and feel special. Plus he’s got an Australian accent! How could I not be in love with him.
8. You once said the uncertainty of the acting industry gives you a thrill. What would be your dream role?
A: My dream role is always changing. At the moment I’d love to be some badass assassin or something. I’m really into stunt heavy movies right now. I feed off of adrenaline on set, the more adrenaline I have the more focused I am and the more work I get done.
9. In Tinseltown, teen actresses are regularly in demand more so this past year so what’s next for Shanley Caswell?
A: I have no idea what’s next. The thrill of this industry is why I love it. I’m not working on anything right now but next month I could be in France filming a miniseries. You have to learn to go with the flow. Right now I’m focusing on school and studying Kinesiology.
10. Tell us the one thing that nobody will ever guess about you.
A: I love rock climbing and bungee jumping.
Thanks again for the support and the awesome questions!