When an actress has a pleasingly beguiling smile, we are often intrigued and Gigi Rice has one to fascinate us all. She can be seen in the recently released family feature “Mostly Ghostly: Have You Met My Ghoulfriend?”. Based on the the teen book seres, Gigi plays Harriet Doyle, the mom of Ryan Ochoa, and Calum Worthy, both Disney stars. One of her sons becomes inhabited by a ghost while the other is trying to win the love of Bella Thorne and keep a very powerful ring from some naughty ghosts. It’s been described as a fun romp, filled with young stars. Gigi herself is very much accomplished and adored with a career that has seen her worked alongside luminaries such as Harrison Ford, Sean Penn, Jennifer Garner and Mr Nick Fury himself Samuel L. Jackson. Television is another medium she’s been a charming presence on, having starred in numerous shows including the hit “Army Wives” and appearing in an episode of “The Mentalist” as the mother of Lorelei Martins, Red John’s close accomplice. How about that foxy voice of hers which is a fetching trait indeed (see clip above) as she ruffles the feathers of Robin Tunney’s FBI special agent Lisbon.
Here’s Gigi giving us a tease of her upcoming project “Mission Air”:
‘Mission Air is an action adventure with family and God as the foundation. I play Diane, a strong woman with a loving family. A pilot who flies food and medical supplies to Mexico. One mission they run into some Bandits, and her daughter is kidnapped. (my daughter is played by the loving Allie DeBerry). Diane’s mission becomes saving her daughter.‘
She was also in the comedy “Night at The Roxbury” as Vivica, the gold-digging supermodel who hooks up with the dim witted Steve Butabi (Will Ferrell) only to find out he’s broke. It’s obvious Gigi has a vivaciousness we would love without question and this willowy actress should be celebrated for keeping us enchanted.
Posted in Uncategorized
Tagged "Mostly Ghostly: Have You Met My Ghoulfriend, accomplished, actress, army wive, beguiling, Calum Worthy, comedy, cutie, disney, family, fetching, foxy, gigi rice, Harrison Ford, Jennifer Garner, mission air, Ryan Ochoa, samuel l. jackson, sean penn, series, show, sizzling, smile, television, the mentalist, tv, voice
1. Amanda Fuller, Chloë Crampton & Alberta Mayne in “The Brittany Murphy Story”
- It takes an idol to play an idol and Amanda Fuller who is coveted as an indie/television starlet plays Brittany Murphy, one of the shining talents who just like Marilyn Monroe died young. While the biopic has raised controversy, Amanda should be lauded for her multi-layered, emotionally tinged interpretation of a Bright Star gone too soon.
– Catch the lovable British actress Chloë Crampton as Morgan, the best friend of Brittany whom she brought on set of the comedy smash “Clueless” which also starred Alicia Silverstone.
– Look out for Canadian actress Alberta Mayne in a supporting role and whom we have come to know from her work on TV as genuinely eye-catching.
2. Lucy Owen in “Kelly & Cal”
- Arrestingly beautiful, Lucy Owen is set to captivate in a big way thanks to her amusing and entertaining performance in “Kelly and Cal”.
– She plays Julie the judgmental sister-in-law of new mother Kelly (Juliette Lewis) and the two are at loggerheads throughout this not so typical romantic comedy.
– This will go a long way in affirming her status as a breakout indie star as will her memorable turn as a single mother caught in a love triangle opposite Josh Lucas in SXSW fav “The Mend”.
3. Ginifer King in “Haunted Hathaways”
- I was often wondering why Ginifer was consistently ranking as a popular actress on this blog and then I discovered she’s the star of Nickelodean hit “Haunted Hathways”.
– She plays Michelle Hathaway, the kind single mother of 2 cute daughters who move into a new home and unexpectedly encounter ghosts with a sense of humor. Cue the laughter!
– Ginifer is also well known for her powerful vocals and Big Band Cabaret routines that’s often brimming with sensuality making her a born entertainer.
Posted in Uncategorized
Tagged actress, alberta mayne, amanda fuller, beautiful, biopic, breakout, brittany murphy, Chloë Crampton, clueless, comedy, drama, dvd, film, ginifer king, haunted hathaways, hotties, idol, independent, indie, josh lucas, Juliette Lewis, kelly and cal, lifetime, lucy owen, nickelodean, romantic, series, show, star, story, television, the mend