1. Halley Feiffer in “Appropriate Behavior”
– Halley keeps me looking forward to indie festivals for she is the perfect representation of what it means to be an indie sweetheart we can’t stop loving.
– She was eye-catchingly wonderful in “The Squid and the Whale” opposite Jesse Eisenberg at her first Sundance. 9 Years later, she dazzles yet again in “Appropriate Behavior”.
– Playing characters with a unique comedic tone as well as a dose of the ebullient spirit from Halley will have us clamoring for more of her in 2014 and beyond!
2. Debrianna Mansini in “Drunktown’s Finest”
– With her accomplished track record of playing strong woman, she essays the role of Phoebe Smiles on the gem that is “Drunktown’s Finest who is both a doctor and mother.
– Debrianna will be gracing Sundance at the premiere and this TV star from “The Lying Game” is turning into an accomplished indie queen.
– She’s wowed many with her interpretation of women onscreen often displaying the emotional intelligence to keep us captivated.
3. Stephanie Allynne in “Gregory Go Boom”
– In “Gregory Goes Boom”, as the very first date of wheelchair bound Gregory (Michael Cera), she’s a little harsh after discovering his impediment.
– Already touted as an expansive comedian, Stephanie has graced shows such as “The Mindy Project”, “The League” and “The Birthday Boys”.
– She’s a fun, talented rising starlet who is highly adaptable at improv with which she can draw out a fair share of laughs.
4. Emily Maya Mills in “Verbatim”
– She may be in a small part in the short film “Verbatim” but since it’s part of Sundance, there’s the right exposure for the blossoming actress that is Emily.
– While i couldn’t find the trailer for “Verbatim”, her feature ” What Other Couples Do” should affirm why we need to become hooked on her many charms.
– A breakthrough year is in the offing for Emily as she’s in the throes of several interesting projects that’s very much on the comedic front.
5. Hayley Derryberry in “Frank”
– With her role in eccentric comedy “Frank” which stars Michael Fassbender, Domhnall Gleeson, and Maggie Gyllenhaal, this gorgeous gal could be stirring hearts soon enough.
– After a string of horror flicks, most notably her great performance in Rabid Love, she’s exploring her horizons by delving into different genres and getting us excited!
– On that note, keep your eyes peeled for Hayley in the new series “Killer Women” which would confirm it as an episode with one of TV’s most beautiful cast.
6. Josephine De La Baume in “Listen Up Philip”
– “Listen Up Philip” is a heavily vaunted film and some of the buzz has to do with the cast as Josephine joins fellow hotties Elisabeth Moss Elisabeth Moss, Krysten Ritter and Jess Weixler.
– Her portrayal as the beautiful vampire Djuna in “Kiss of the Damned” has to rank as one of the most sensual ever seen on celluloid.
– She may be a Modern French Style Icon but she’s showcasing to the world just how beguiling an actress, model and singer she is!
7. Jennifer LaFleur in “The Skeleton Twins”
– Having been labeled as terrific thanks to her performance in “The Do-Deca-Pentathlon”, she’s becoming quite a favorite at indie film fests.
– She will appear in Kristen Wiig’s new movie “The Skeleton Twins” in a part expected to be a little wild seeing she’s in the role of Drunk Natalie.
– The spotlight is going to shine on her soon enough and there’s every chance her resonating appeal will keep growing.
8. Taryn Manning in “Low Down”
– Her range of delving into eclectic characters is what has made Taryn so sought after in all forms of entertainment.
– In “Low Down”, she will be a must-watch when she tackles the role of failed actress turned junkie Colleen in a daily struggle to raise her son.
– A star of the Netflix series “Orange Is The New Black”, this sexy blonde is all guns blazing with a busy featured film- filled portfolio in 2014.