Laura Dowling Shea in “Prom King”
– Our women of indie cinema are certainly very much on the beloved list and in Laura Dowling Shea, we have an actress/producer whose award-winning film “Great Expectations” is shining on the festival circuit.
– Catch her in a juicy supporting role in “Prom King, 2010” which tells of the often lifelong struggle of being comfortable with homosexuality as a young romantic navigates college dating while harbouring lofty ideals.
– Here’s the gracious Laura revealing more about her upcoming projects:
My newest short is “The Spilling”. It’s a drama so very different than my work in Great Expectations. My character Lilly is forcing her family to search for something she hopes will give her closure. It was filmed near the great Croton Dam where I live and the Dam features in the film. I was also just cast in a short film by another director her name is Shakti Bhagchandani.
FOLLOW Laura Dowling Shea on Instagram
Sepideh Moafi in “Quest”
– Goddess of the screen and stage as well as a virtuoso opera singer, Sepideh Moafi is notable for her fearlessness in tackling the lives of characters that bring awareness to cultures, cities, religion and society.
– Do catch her in the indie feature “Quest” opposite Dash Mihok, Betsy Brandt, and Lou Diamond Phillips. It centres on an abused middle schooler whose life changes for the better after an encounter with his optimist of a teacher.
– Following up her saucy turn on “Notorious” as Megan Byrd, the former escort turned producer, Sepideh returns to turn tricks as Loretta, a sex worker in the streets of ‘70s New York in “The Deuce” alongside James Franco.
FOLLOW Sepideh Moafi on Instagram
Angela Trimbur in “The Feels”
– The delectable and always endearing Angela Trimbur should be conferred VIP status on this blog seeing how she’s been sizzling the planet this year in numerous roles that are often genre bending as they are captivating.
– She stars in “The Feels” alongside Constance Wu of “Fresh Of The Boat” fame as Lu, a bride-to-be who confesses to the love of her life Andi (Constance) at their bachelorette party that she’s never experience an orgasm!
– Marvelling at Angela and Constance playing off each other screen will be a highlight considering here are two women whose stunning beauty is matched by their dexterous comedic chops. Do you have “The Feels” yet?