1. Lauren Weedman in “Looking”
– If there’s one comedic star in our midst it has to be the always entertaining Lauren Weedman, the one-woman powerhouse in all things funny.
– One of her memorable appearances was on “Hung” as the slightly neurotic Horny Patty who engages in some acrobatic sex with well-endowed male escort Ray Drecker (Thomas Jane).
– In the gay-themed show “Looking”, she might dazzled as the only female character but Lauren steals every scene, proving she’s a name to be hailed with much recognition.
2. Heather Roop in “The Sacred”
– Heather is probably going to be a big reason why I’m viewing Atlanta, Georgia as a delectable destination on account of how sexy she can be.
– From indie starlet to soap star thanks to her role as Jane McIntyre in “All My Children”, she keeps on blossoming with a starring role in the actioner “Awol 72” coming this January.
– Don’t forget to check her out in “The Sacred”, her breakout indie thriller which garnered her plenty of attention including that lesbian scene with Angel McCord.
3. Romi Dias in “The Mentalist”
– With a smile you won’t soon forget, Romi is the epitome of geniality and she’s enchanted viewers over the years in the skin of tenacious female characters.
– She’s slated to guest-star on this week’s episode Little Yellow House from “The Mentalist” as US Attorney Julie Sandoval so expect some tough love heading Patrick Jane’s way.
– A much loved face on TV with stints on big hits such as “Scandal”, “The Bridge” and more, Romi continues to make waves. Check out her latest reel here: http://vimeo.com/90249944
4. Carrie Coon in “Gone Girl”
– Undoubtedly one of the jewels of cinema and television in 2014 through 2015, Carrie is a hitmaker having dazzled on “The Leftovers” as well as the remarkable “Gone Girl”.
– Rosamund Pike may be deserving of plaudits (and even for her Golden Globes dress which had its haters) yet Carrie’s sensitive performance as Margo Dunne is in itself an enchantment for viewers to savor.
– Can’t wait to see if she gets to appear in films with a vintage taste as she has the classic beauty to define a new golden era.
5. Katharine Isabelle in “88”
– Before the emergence of Nina Dobrev, star of “The Vampire Diaries, Katharine Isabelle made an art of being the ultimate tease, traversing between innocence and seduction.
– She goes toe-to-toe with baddie Christopher Lloyd in “88” and is the ultimate vixen throughout as an amnesiac woman seeking retribution.
– It may be a pipe dream but her fans all over the world must hope that one day she can be found on facebook which at the moment is missing Katherine, the Sex Symbol.