Glaswegian actress Mhairi Calvey is a personable screen siren with a strikingly, relatable appeal that’s favoured by the masses. She shines in the sci-fi thriller “Abduct” as Crystal who is running from an orphanage whilst pursued by the eponymous Man In Black, suggesting we’re in for conspiracy theories and aliens. “Abduct” also stars Sienna Guillory and amps the paranormal lore with the addition of William B. Davis famously from “The X-Files”. Mhairi is riveting as Crystal, the young woman caught up in the whirlwind of unexplained phenomena that’s plagued her life. She threads the cavalcade of complex women characters with sterling perception and has seen Mhairi getting praises consistently. As we’ve witnessed, the journey to becoming an acclaimed actress is a long one and with numerous features under her belt set to release in the coming months, Mhairi is a good bet for thriving success. Over the years we’ve seen the ascension of Scottish actresses namely Rose Leslie (Game Of Thrones), Laura Fraser (Breaking Bad) as well as Kate Dickie (The Witch) so we can’t wait for Mhairi to capture the world’s affection too.
Here’s Mhairi telling more about her current and upcoming projects:
I’ve got “Abduct” and “Five Pillars” movies which are going to be released this year and I’ve got a few projects i can’t mention coming up. I’m filming The “Summoner” film, “Cops and Monsters” series soon and I’m writing my first feature film.
At six, she appeared in Mel Gibson’s “Braveheart”, playing the younger version of Catherine McCormack’s character Murron – the love of William Wallace’s life. Mhairi also attended the “Braveheart” musical tribute to the late Hollywood composer James Horner included in the 17th Pipes of Christmas event so it’s great to see her return to the industry with resplendence. With her impending role alongside Clint Eastwood’s daughter Kathryn Eastwood in the zombie thriller “Virus Of The Dead” that sees infection evolving across social media, Mhairi would surely gain recognition from long time fans of the zombie genre. This endearing bonnie may have deviated from the norm of a child star route but there’s every inkling that the vivacious Mhairi is to be viewed with passion.
Do check out the MHAIRI CALVEY OFFICIAL SITE and keep up with all the latest updates.
Posted in Uncategorized
Tagged abduct, actress, bonnie, braveheart, endearing, glasgow, glaswegian, kate dickie, Kathryn Eastwood, Laura Fraser, Mel Gibson, Mhairi Calvey, personable, relatable, rising, riveting, rose leslie, sci-fi, scotland, scottish, screen, siren, starlet, thriller, virus of the dead, zombie
Special Guest Scream Queen FELISSA ROSE
– With the presentation of the Crimson Screen Horror Icon Award to iconic temptress Felissa Rose, she’s cemented her legendary status as one of horror’s most coveted actress. She’s also a Special Guest at the Crimson Screen Film Fest and that’s going to be thoroughly memorable!
– The intensity she’s able to exude onscreen have seen Felissa assume most famously the transgendered serial killer Angela in “Sleepaway Camp” and recently a religious fanatic in “Zombie Killers”. She admirably pushes the boundaries in damaged personas onscreen.
– Her immense contributions to horror is an inspiration for everyone across the world and indeed instilled my own undying passion for the beloved genre.
Astrea Campbell-Cobb in “KILD TV”
– Ravishing blue-eyed blonde Astrea Campbell-Cobb has been a scene stealer on both the indie scene and television. Having featured her before on this blog in support of her guest-star role on the hit series “Marvel’s: Agents Of Shield”, she garnered a wave of adulation.
– She’s at her beguiling best in “KILD TV” as Adel, a new employee at a small TV station terrorised by a serial killer that hides in plain sight. Astrea won a nomination for Best Actress for her role as Adel confirming she’s a rising talent to be smitten with.
– Her photogenic sex appeal, kissable lips and acting finery is thrusting her into the spotlight which puts her on massively lovable notice.
Alexis Codding in “Neron”
– When it comes to hailing flawless beauties, Alexis Codding is a young talent with picture perfect charms. Blessed with the effortlessly sexy allure that reminds of actresses such as Olivia Wilde, she’ll stir your senses in no time.
– Her emergence in indie horror has seen her star in various films and shorts including “Voodoo” as the slasher anthology-themed “Hi-8 (Horror Independent 8)”. Alexis has been part of some gritty features yet her well-liked warmth comes shining through.
– Catch her in the horror/thriller “Neron”, a tale of mystery and illusion where a premature newborn son, the titular Neron starts wreaking havoc on his family.
Posted in Uncategorized
Tagged 2016, agents of shield, alexis codding, Astrea Campbell-Cobb, award, beauty, best actress, blonde, coveted, crimson, felissa rose, festival, film, flawless, guest, horror, icon, independent, indie, kild tv, marvel, neron, ravishing, scream queen, screen, sleepaway camp, special