Savannah Ostler is a sweetheart every which way you see her and in addition to being super hot, she’s also one of the nicest actresses in the biz! In this exclusive interview, Savannah Ostler lets us in on her ambitions as a performer, one of which is to star alongside Reese Witherspoon, her experiences working with heartthrob Zac Efron and why there will be no videos of her stripping!
10 QUESTIONS WITH BLONDE CUTIE SAVANNAH OSTLER
1. You’re the quintessential girly girl and one of the cutest actresses in the world today. Is Cute the New Sexy??
A: Yes, cute is most definitely the new sexy in my opinion!🙂
2. Do you think being a blonde gives you a slight edge in this competitive industry??
A: Hmmm… I think it depends on the role. In some ways, I think yes, being a blonde does have its advantages… for example, like the “dumb girl”, “the bubbly girl”, “the cheerleader/ Miss Priss” type roles. But in some cases, I think it might have some disadvantages. For example, sometimes I don’t think people take me very seriously. But, I just have to prove them wrong!😉
3. I’m enchanted by your idol Reese Witherspoon as much as you are after her star turns in Election and Legally Blonde. Why are you a Reese addict?
A: Reese is such a wonderful role model. Naturally, I loved how her career progressed, and LOVED her performances in the Legally Blonde movies. But one of the main reasons why I really look up to Reese is because she is classy. She has a good head on her shoulders, which is tough to do in this crazy industry. Also, she inspires me. Not only is she a wonderful, Academy award winning actress, but she also produces films and owns her own production company, “Type A Films”. That is something I would like to someday do. Reese disproves the stereotype that Hollywood is controlled by men… she is in control of her own career! I want to be just like that. And, someday I believe I will!
4. Can you tell us about your latest horror flick “Blood Fare” (trailer below) and are you delving into Scream Queen territory head on?
A: Absolutely! “Blood Fare” is a civil war ghost story with a modern twist. I play the part of Summer, who is very ditzy, and cares more about her makeup and nails than her boyfriend and just about everything else. She was such a fun role to play!! Plus, I LOVED her wardrobe, because she loves to wear pink all the time!🙂 “Blood Fare” is a feature film directed by J.A. Steel. It was an honor to be titled “Scream Queen”! I look forward to some opportunities to work in Italy now!🙂
5. You once stripped to your undies for which no video of the act can be found, not even on Youtube…hehe. Has the online space been a boon or a hindrance in the way you market yourself as an actress?
A: Haha yeah, sadly no video of me stripping to my undies and singing can be found on Youtube. My mom tells me that I did this quite a bit when I was 3. I definitely believe the internet helps market myself as an actress! I honestly believe if it weren’t for the internet, I would not have the oppurtunity to converse with such wonderful fans as yourself!
6. Can you tell us your experience working with Zac Efron in High School Musical and what is he like in person?
A: Well… I remember when I first met him, I was blown away with his gorgeous eyes and perfect hair. I was immediately drawn to him. So naturally, I had to sit next to him and start a conversation! I found him to be very humble and kind. He really gave me some good advice! Also, I was flattered that he asked for my advice as well when doing a certain scene in High School Musical. He was so cool and laid back! Wish I would have been smart enough to ask for his number… heehee😉 However, at least I stole some hugs and got an autograph!🙂
7. You’ve practically grown up in Hollywood. Is the place really as exalted as people say and what were your best memories of the entertainment capital of the world?
A: I do see Hollywood as a really cool place. It does have its ups and downs… but I truly find it to be energizing. When I pass the Hollywood sign, I always feel this raw feeling of excitement that I can’t get anywhere else. I have so many good memories here, but some of my favorite ones are with some of my favorite people, like my mom and my best friends! I love going to the Santa Monica Pier. It’s so much fun and Disneyland is my favorite place in the world.🙂
8. Outside of acting, what endeavors are you passionate about?
A: I am really passionate about animals! If I wasn’t an actress, I would be a vet. Dogs are my favorite especially. Someday, I would love to own a sanctuary for homeless animals. This is a big goal of mine!! Some other interests are writing, singing, and movies, movies, movies.🙂
9. I came across a poll on your blog asking fans which role they would want you to undertake? Would you rather play a goth chick along the lines of Noomi Rapace’s Lisbeth Salender or something different akin to Michelle Williams emotionally fractured woman in “Blue Valentine”.
A: Being someone really different. I would love to tackle a role like that!
10. Being such a talented rising starlet, what do you hope to accomplish as a performer?
A: Oh, lots! Lots and lots of things. First off, film the feature “Twice The Dream”, a script I wrote with the co-writer, Shawn Mehling. It’s a family-drama starring Haylie Duff, Adrian R’Mante, myself, and Raney Branch. We’re still in pre-production, but it gets closer everyday!🙂
I also want to be in a movie with Reese Witherspoon. Even if it’s just a small role, to be on the same set with her would be so amazing!!
Finally, I would like to go to the Academy Awards! Even if I just get nominated… but it sure wouldn’t hurt to win!🙂
Lastly, start a production company and produce great-quality, family friendly films!!
Thank you for the interview! I will see you at the movies!🙂