Cute redhead MARIEVE HERINGTON is a pleasure to watch and she’s so likable, it’s conceivable that viewers would be gravitating towards her. I have to admit that I’m blessed to be surrounded by pleasantly charming women such as the ebullient MARIEVE who regularly keep me in the loop on the happenings in the industry, notably the goings-on in her career thus far. You may have seen her guest-starring on hits “How I Met Your Mother” and “Good Luck Charlie”, catching the eye ever since. On May 5th 2013, MARIEVE returns to “Good Luck Charlie” as Winnie who becomes a friend and cooking partner with leading man PJ Duncan (Jason Dolley) after crossing paths at a cooking school. With the Disney show going into its 4th and final season yet being adored by the masses, it should go a long way in elevating Canadian-born MARIEVE as a burgeoning talent.
This also means a visit to the MARIEVE HERINGTON OFFICIAL SITE is in order. Wow i just discovered she also answers fan questions on her FACEBOOK PAGE which means she’ll be able to dish a little gossip on her successes. Besides the screen, MARIEVE has also been a voice-over maven for several animated features; recently as the Hyrax on Fox’s hit “Ice Age: Continental Drift.” She also fronts Jazz act “The Marieve Herington Band” and her immaculate vocals shine every time she performs. Call her the Perky Priestess of Entertainment for she’s about to enchant us in 2013 and beyond.
Today April 27th is my birthday so why not celebrate this momentous occasion by featuring some of the most enchanting women to grace the DVD & Film Worlds. Who knows I might just be watching one of their films on DVD at the Birthday Party!
1.Rae Latt in “Blood Type: Unknown”
- Thanks to the enchanting Miss Rae, I’ve got a look at her intriguingly poised upcoming feature “Blood Type:Unknown” which has an interesting mystique surrounding the plot.
- The film is screening at the Newport Beach Film Festival 2013 and she plays Jean Landale, a mom who has to send her only daughter off to college!
- Known for her roles on TV in “Criminal Minds” and “The Office”, she’s currently amassing an impressive body of work on the indie scene.
2. Megan Duffy in “Maniac”
- Her memorable performance in “Maniac” as Lucie, one of the early victims of Psychopath Frank (Elijah Wood) is delightfully saucy.
- So is her photoshoot for iheartgirls.com (above) in her sexy kitty-like costume that fits her fun personality to a tee.
- She exudes a charismatic foxiness that certifies her as a bonafide screen vixen.
3. Sarah Deakins in “The Mark”
- Sarah was one of the first actresses from Canada I got to know when i first started out the blog and you can see why so many will be obsess with her.
- Exceptional beautiful on film, television and print, she’s also built a adoring fan-base thanks to her stints on popular sci-fi TV shows such as Stargate.
- Her ability to reach people and get them involve in the story is amazing so catch her at her beguiling best in action thriller “The Mark” which has been released on DVD.
We often unabashedly proclaim our adoration for talents like ELITSA BAKO because she thrives at taking our breath away. Her Eastern-European sexiness is compelling and she oozes charisma as soon as she commands the screen. The rise of original streaming content with “Hemlock Grove” hitting the web this weekend foretells the popularity of this medium. So shall be the Canadian starlets who are the leading ladies of the web and are on the ascendancy with every click. As the leading lady of the multiple award-winning web series “Clutch“, Elitsa Bako proved to be both sassy and saucy as the daring pickpocket Kylie. Not only does she sizzle as the main character of the raunchy and violent series, she’ll get you craving for more as you follow her exploits from episode to episode!
“Clutch” is not the first time ELITSA has been at her seductive best having done so in the indie thriller “Sweet Karma”. Just like Asia Argento, ELITSA has the mesmerizing factor that will stand the test of time. This Bulgarian-born beauty has her own distinct edginess and she’s only going to get hotter with the Summer months approaching…:)
PAULA GIRODAY is a babe hands down and she’s about to bewitch audiences in “True Heroines”, a fascinating genre bending web series. There’s housewives with extraordinary powers, dazzling burlesque and of course those vintage hair curls which has seen its fair share of fondness. More and more, we’re seeing the popularity of all things retro explode! Perpetuating the swinging 50′s, “True Heroines” is hot on the heels of “Mad Men” as well as “Bomb Girls” and features 3 of the foxiest ladies on the web. PAULA is joined by Jovanna Huguet and Fiona Vroom, all three showcasing their enigmatic grace in such well-crafted roles. It’s nice to see them endowed with super abilities yet having to be subtle about it as they go about their existence as homely women. As Dottie Rodriguez, PAULA is enchanting as a woman of strength who is also blessed with a very cheery disposition. She also gets to flaunt her marvelous dance moves (check out Episode 3 – “For All We Know”).
PAULA has also been on several hit shows such as “Fringe”, “Once Upon A Time” and “Motive”. She is a natural at being sassy and with her being so delectably convincing on camera, there’ll be progressive admiration for her in the months ahead. She is flawless in her own sweet way and it won’t be too long before PAULA’s name is emblazoned with praises.
- Becoming sought after in the horror genre even though Kim is famed for her work on both television and film.
- Our soft spot for Canadian actresses has a lot to do with Kim Poirier because she exudes so much sex appeal!
- Memorably saucy in “Decoys” as well as in the Zombie re-imagining of the classic “Dawn Of The Dead” (her titillating sex scene of course)
- Set to kick Zombie ass in “100 Days of Death” adapted from the fascinating Graphic Novel of the same name.
2. Jessica Cameron
- Jessica is a rapidly blossoming Canadian Terror Hotties with several projects lined up in 2013!
- She was one of the first actresses that captivated me thanks to her being such a blonde bombshell and being ever so approachable.
- Recently appeared with Malcolm McDowell in the gorefest that is “Silent Night”
- Horror may be her forte yet Jessica is comfortable in dramatic and comedic features.
3. Felissa Rose
- Felissa Rose is considered as a legend of horror and a cult figure.
- “Caesar and Otto’s Deadly Christmas” and “Dead.tv” are features that will return her to the pinnacle of adoration by horror fans worldwide.
- She loves to explore the different psyches of a person which has kept her in good stead when she delves into those dysfunctional characters.
- Forever iconic as Angela in “Sleepaway Camp”, she’s a firm favorite at every horror convention.
4. Ashlynn Yennie
- “The Human Centipede” was her claim to fame and her brilliance in such a controversial role was key in getting her lauded.
- Expect Ashlynn to entice opposite Elish Duhsku and Katie Cassidy in “The Scribbler” as a woman with the inclination to run around naked, a result of her mental illness.
- Has handled a variety of intense characters and does it with compelling ease.
- Billed as the One To Watch this year, she also has the naturally sexy personality to win viewers over.
5. Lisa Wilcox
- Lisa Wilcox together with Heather Langenkamp are two of the most revered leading ladies of “A Nightmare On Elm Street” franchise!
- Her appeal lies in her ability to be vulnerable yet deliver a tough veneer onscreen.
- Till Today, Lisa is one of the most ravishing women ever to grace the film world and her everlasting sweetness is to be admired.
- Watch out for Lisa in the upcoming supernatural thriller “The Church”.
If ever there was an actress with a persuasive geniality, KRISTEN GUTOSKIE would be the sweetheart we would have no qualms showing her complete passion. When you switch your TV set on and tune in to the latest Season of “Republic Of Doyle”, her charismatic endearment is clear for all to see. Starring as spunky reporter Kyla MacRury, she ruffles Allan Hawco aka Jake’s feathers a wee bit and has her own agenda. In the episode “Multitasking”, even getting a bloody lip in a fisticuffs with a ‘Psychic’ baddie or so we are led to believe. Krystin Pellerin who plays stunning cop Leslie Bennett sure has some competition in the hottie stakes and being a huge fan of Canuck Talents, I certainly welcome the constant array of screen sirens. Especially when KRISTEN has also been eye-catching on fish out of water comedy series “Beaver Falls”. As camp counsellor Rachael who has a on again off again relationship with British import A-Rab, the many dramatic pitfalls between the two lovebirds make for fascinating viewing. I may be a little biased here but KRISTEN is a big reason why her character is so engrossing and appealing.
She does facilely radiates a lovely, winsome vibe that is to be admired. Just like the likable actress she played in the indie film “Moon Point” back in 2011, KRISTEN is herself sweet-natured, taking the time to acknowledge even fans like me who live in ASIA. Since I’m guessing you’re already into her, check out the various interviews she’s done on youtube and discover her genuine mellifluousness. It’s easy to adore KRISTEN when she’s this relishable…:)
Call her one of the most ravishing women on this planet and ROMINA D’UGO would fall in the category of beauties to be idolized. The Toronto-born actress is a Goddess thanks in part to her Italian heritage and she also has some serious talents, making her an all-round sizzler. ROMINA can certainly do it all whether as a singer, actress and even dancer where she was in the top 20 dancers on “So You Think You Can Dance Canada”. One of the accolades bestowed upon her was her Gemini nomination in 2011 for Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role in a Dramatic Program or Mini-Series. It was for her leading role as Zoe, a struggling dancer looking to become a star in “Turn The Beat Around” with David Giuntoli who we all know has achieved fame on the hit series “Grimm”. If you needed any more proof of how enticing she can be, watch ROMINA as the thief Natalie Hurst on the latest season of “Republic Of Doyle”. It’s a performance that’s both saucily eye-catching and peppered with an audacious cheekiness.
As the foxy robber/killer Natalie, ROMINA does play the seductive card effortlessly and gave the men on “Republic Of Doyle” quite the run-around. As the femme fatale on the series, ROMINA has mentioned that apparently the publishers for the French Curriculum text books across Canada think she’s appropriate to be featured in one of the chapters of the book. Now students across Canada will have to read about her career as part of the curriculum…wow! It’s no coincidence that the more you watch ROMINA the more you’ll be yearning for her, the bewitching effect she has on viewers is without question. This is one striking hottie with maximum sex appeal!
ANDREA DEPAUL is one ravishing cutie we’ll be gushing about with vociferous passion. The olive toned actress of Portuguese and Guyanese descent is immensely appealing and if there’s an inclination towards her stunning facets, it would be so appropriate. She can be seen in “The Boy Who Smells Like Fish” at the Miami International Film Festival 2013 which has just kicked off. There’s some unique and heavenly faces in this dramedy namely Zoë Kravitz, Adriana Gil and of course ANDREA who each have their merits for such a quirky feature.
Here’s a snippet from ANDREA herself about “The Boy Who Smells Like Fish:
“This project was a project I really enjoyed working on. Its a Dark comedy that touches on the issues of what its like to be “different” and how society perceives the people who sometimes struggle with it. My character Denise has a nervous issue…. thats the best I can say without giving it away. The crew and cast were so lovely. The hired character actors and I learned a lot from them. The scenes are actually so funny that while we were shooting, the cast and crew would break out laughing and then we would have to reshoot it.”
ANDREA has also been prevalent on television, appearing in a number of hit shows such as “Beauty and The Beast”, “Covert Affairs” and “The Firm”. The camera absolutely loves ANDREA and there will be a succession of viewers quick to extol her attractively exotic traits.
Here’s more scoop from ANDREA on the work she’s done in all 3 shows:
“I live in Toronto, so working here is great, very convenient. Beauty and The Beast is the best set and cast to be on. As being part of an ensemble cast in this particular episode we were all so pleasantly surprised as to how well we got along while the cameras were not rolling. I was working directly with Kristen Kreuk, Nicole Anderson, Nicole Steinwendell and Rachel Skarsten. We had such great chemistry and we genuinely all liked each other I think that really worked to our benefit while we were shooting our scenes.”
“I really enjoy working on American productions because I get the opportunity to work with actors I wouldn’t normally get a chance to work with. Toronto has a small community of working actors. That means you often times work with the same people on different productions They bring in american actors to work on these US productions and I just benefit as an actor from working with them. When I did Covert Affairs I worked closely with Sendhil Ramamurthy (Heroes) and he was so lovely. He gave me some great advice and was so professional and courteous. Probably one of the nicest actors I have had the pleasure of working with.
“The most star struck I have been on set was working with Callum Keith Rennie on The Firm. I am a big fan of his work. So I was very nervous to work with him. He intuitively sensed that i was nervous so we rehearsed our material for 30 mins before we shot it. He was very kind.”
ANDREA has also worked on a web series called “Off 2 Kali” where she plays Sabrina in the episode called “I think I know you”. She’s ever so comfortable in the comedy genre and we can’t wait to see more. Being photogenic, she shot a series of pics with the Amazing Director/Photographer TJ Scott (from Spartacus). He is actually creating a coffee table book called “In The Tub” which will feature potraits of Actors/Singers/Artists with a common them of being “In the Tub” The book will be published late May and be available for purchase in stores in North America as well as online at Amazon. The profits of the book are being donated to Breast cancer research and ANDREA is very excited to be part of this charitable project. With her being visible on so many platforms, ANDREA is going to be sought after in no time!
So start connecting with her on these social media channels:
Facebook Fan Page : https://www.facebook.com/AndreaDrepaul
I’m looking forward to getting her autograph which she has so kindly promised to send…:)